Our 2012 guest dog

Our 2012 guest dog
Our 2012 guest dog, Cornerstone's Revelation at Raglan PT "Rosy" ... you can come stay anytime, sweet girl!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Rise of the Crawdads

So, we got a lot of rain the other day, and I was out in the dog yard, looking for poop. I saw a movement, and thought, oh boy! A frog, or a toad! I took a closer look, and leapt back in horror as a HUGE, slavering BEAST reared out of the puddle of water, waving its dreadful claws at me! April showers bring more than flowers, they bring the annual rise of the terrestrial crawdads. It was GINORMOUS, at least, 3 inches, maybe more! Oh, the horror! As frightening as Lovecraft's Cthulhu, snapping and glaring with malevolent eyes ... I did what any red-blooded, All-American farm girl would do: Ran screaming to the house!

2 comments:

  1. That's what I would do too, and I love eating those things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, must be some sort of inverse relationship between kreepy/tasty!

    ReplyDelete